Thursday 14 February 2013

Run Cycles

There's something I can't get my head around with the first two run cycles. Each one of them has a point where parts of the body become out of sync. I suspect it may be that the keyframes are different lengths (i.e. the left foot may take longer than the right foot to do a cycle) which might be the reason that they go out of sync.

This first animation is a fairly basic one, I was trying to get the weight distribution right and think more about the movement of the arms and legs than the rest of the body. I think I needed an extra keyframe on the left arm to stop that sudden jerking movement (it may have been a frame that I accidentally deleted as I'm sure I'd fixed that before.) Towards the end you can see the legs go out of sync with each other and it looks more like Moom is preparing for a leap. This would help in a leaping animation, but not here.


This second animation I concentrated more on moving the whole body and thinking more carefully about the weight distribution, as the first animation Moom was leaning too far forwards. Very quickly though, the arms do... Whatever it is they're doing. I have no idea what's going on or how to fix it, but as mentioned before I suspect maybe the keyframes are misplaced.




For this final animation, I took a look at a video from Youtube, where someone explains the "proper" way to run (how the foot should land, the body position etc.) I noted down everything he talked about and implemented it into the animation. I also adjusted the position of Moom again to be more upright so he looks more like he's doing a gentle run rather than running a Marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment