Thursday 14 February 2013

Idle Cycles

I had to do these more from memory and what I know about the shifting weight of the body rather than from visual representation simply because I doubt there's a video anywhere of someone doing these actions. I did have a look at myself in the mirror and took a video (which has since mysteriously disappeared) and tried to replicate the actions. The second animation, being a silly dance, does have source footage that you can find simply through the music video.

This first animation was an attempt at Moom becoming a little bored from standing about and looking about. I tried to replicate the shift of weight by having him lean more on one leg than the other and also attempted at having the arms sway, which didn't turn out so well. There are a few minor hiccups, such as the arms not moving when they weren't supposed to (I would imagine a missing keyframe that was supposed to stop them). I think this turned out ok, even though the movements stop too quickly for my liking.


This second animation was during a moment of boredom and thought I'd try something random. The animation isn't at all complicated and took way too little time to do so it wasn't really much of a challenge. Nevertheless, minus that I think it should be a bit faster than it is, it turned out just fine.


This final animation was when I was trying to put more emphasis on the shift of weight on the character when his body moves. I looked at how the body reacts when it stands on one leg, as well as when you lean forward. A little bit of swaying of the body might have been added into this animation as the character constantly adjusts to stay upright, but nevertheless I think this turned out well.


No comments:

Post a Comment