Tuesday 13 November 2012

Model Sheet

The selection of colours was simple - I looked at how their clothes were designed and picked out the main colours. For Napoleon's Navy, there tended to be Royal colours, such as rich blues and reds and normally the clothing had a gold trim.

I wasn't particularly pleased with this drawing as there are several things off with it, so I went back and redid the model sheet in a more conventional way. I also retouched some of the colours to make them more vibrant as I felt the previous palette was too grey.


I also went to draw a very quick headshot of the character. Although I got the position of everything right, I'm not very happy with the hat as it turned out too flat and the wrong colour. I should go back at some point and correct this really.



No comments:

Post a Comment