Friday 25 January 2013

Walk Cycle Animation

Probably doing this a bit backwards as I have yet to upload my bouncing ball animations, but I've only just figured out how to render into an AVI file.

This is actually the second walk cycle I've done, kind of. The first one I scrapped half way through as I felt I had done the first step too fast and, afraid to break it, I made a new file rather than tried to lengthen the step by a few more frames. It also turned out a bit better than the original walk cycle too as there were a few things I'd picked up on how people walked since. I feel like a bit of a creep when I stare out of the bus window watching people walk, but that's beside the point.

Below is the finished animation of the character doing a simple walking animation. Although not perfect, I think it's pretty good for my first attempt. Something I need to take in to account for future animations is the first and last frames. I set them to the same settings, so there seems to be a small stop at the end of every cycle. It only lasts for one frame, but somehow it's enough to bug me. Another thing is his chest. It seems that only the top part of his chest seems to rotate, so maybe there's a control that I missed. Again, I'll fix that in my next attempt at a walk cycle. Also didn't do anything with the fingers for some reason


No comments:

Post a Comment