Monday 29 October 2012

Silhouettes

Apparently, Blogger doesn't like uploading photos. So this took way longer to upload than it should have. Partially also down to my own procrastination in trying to find a workaround as well, but that's not the point.

To start off my character design, the task was to come up with 100 silhouettes, different general shapes of that the character I'm designing could look like (in this case, the soldier).




Very nearly hit the 100 mark, then I realised I'd just started drawing random shapes and couldn't really come up with anything else after.
One problem I had come across during this was the solidity of my idea, if that makes sense. I'd done about 20 silhouettes before I looked and said "yeah, this is what I want" and after that I couldn't really generate anything else. It wasn't until later, when I had already started my iteration of the soldier, that I came up with fresh ideas as to what to add to the silhouette sheet. On top of more looks of what the soldier could look like, I remembered that he doesn't have to be a he - it could be a she. So I started doodling a few female forms as well in different shapes and sizes. Although some aren't really fitting for a soldier (and some probably gear more towards the witch) they're still ideas at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment